Saturday, October 18, 2014

15. Update - Three Years On

The Crack - Ever Growing
Well, it's been a long while since I last posted. It seems a good time to give an update.

First, the crack is getting worse, as you can see here. The smoke you can see in the photo is coming out of the mouth of the oven, but last time it was used I saw a vague outline of smoke venting from the main section of the upper-most crack. (Mark II is always coming closer!)


The Wood Box - Full at the Moment

Second, I don't know if I've shown this angle before, so thought I'd include a photo showing the wood box below the oven.  Next time I run out of wood I'd like to make some sort of cradle to keep the wood off the ground (as the bricks are doing), but also to let our terriers in, in case of rats.
Pizza Cooking in the Clay Pizza Oven


Thirdly, here are some shots of the oven in use. You can clearly see my technique of creating a small bed of hot coals to cook on.
Another Pizza Cooking

Sorry I cannot give you a taste, or even a chance to smell them. You'll just have to use your imagination.
Chocolate Self-saucing Pudding in the Clay Pizza Oven


Fourthly, and finally, dessert is cooked straight on the floor after all the pizzas are finished. Usually 10-14 pizzas have been cooked over about an hour by this time.

I don't know how hot the oven is, but the chocolate self-saucing pudding takes about 10 minutes to cook. (The recipe we use says something like 40-60 minutes in a moderate oven.)
Yummy

As you would know, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. And the eating is good.

...Geoff the Chef

No comments:

Post a Comment